What is the ISO 10002?
ISO 10002 may be a complaints-handling process developed by the world organization for Standardization (ISO) in 2004. Available for organizations of all sizes and every one sectors, the certification supports companies with their complaint management so as to stay customer satisfaction high and their product innovative. consistent with the ISO 10002, customer satisfaction is defined as a “customer’s perception of the degree to which the customer’s requirements are fulfilled” while a complaint is an “expression of dissatisfaction made to a corporation, associated with its products, or the complaints-handling process itself, where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected”. ISO 10002 provides supervision on the method of complaints management to products within a corporation, including planning, design, operation, maintenance, and improvement. It therefore, will provide your organization with a top quality and reliable complaint management system. Effective complaint management will assist you to enhance customer service standards and deliver an honest complaint handling system to differentiate your organisation from your competing organisations. It also shows that your organisation cares about customer feedback by receiving, managing and resolving customer complaints effectively.
(The current version of the certification is the ISO 10002:2014. It will be reviewed and replaced by the ISO/DIS 10002 in 2019.)
Benefits of ISO 10002:
- Obtain information on new opportunities
- Undertaking complaints to the satisfaction of the complainant and therefore the Organisation
- Identify trends and therewith eliminate causes of complaints
- Basis for continual review and analysis of the complaints-handling process
- Customer-focused approach to resolving complaints
- Encourage personnel to enhance their skills in working with customers
ISO 10002:2014 provides guidance on the method of complaints handling associated with products within a corporation, including planning, design, operation, maintenance, and improvement. The complaints-handling process described is suitable to be used together of the processes of an overall quality management system. ISO 10002:2014 isn’t applicable to disputes referred for resolution outside the organization or for employment-related disputes. it’s also intended to be used by organizations of all sizes and altogether sectors. Annex A provides guidance specifically for little businesses.
How to implement the ISO 10002 in your company?
- Self-assessment of your compliance with the ISO 10002 requirements
- Contact with a certification body accredited by the ISO
- Audit of the ISO 10002 procedures developed by your company
- If you succeed together with your audit, the ISO 10002 certification are going to be issued and handled to your company
- If you don’t succeed, you’ll receive an inventory of improvement to try to before trying again
- The ISO 10002 is valid for one year and may be renewed after a replacement audit.