What is ISO 28000?
ISO 28000 establishes a security system which will protect people, goods, infrastructure, equipment, and transportation against security incidents and other potentially devastating situations. It specifies the wants to determine, implement, maintain, improve, and audit a security management system. ISO 28000 recognize necessities for implementing and operating a SMS, including organizational (security) structure, authorized personnel dependable for security management, assessing and maintaining competence of personnel and training for personnel liable for security. The ISO 28000, Supply Chain Security Management System International Standard, has been developed in response to the high demand from industries. Increasingly, organizations are discovering that they need to depend upon effective supply chains to compete within the global market. Recent threats and incidents relating supply chains and their level of security have demonstrated that it’s crucial for organizations to secure their supply chains to stop risks.
Benefits of 28000
ISO 28000 brings big benefits to companies of all sizes. Confidence, consistency, a market advantage and more business can accompany an ISO 28000 security management system as more customers require you to demonstrate your competence.
• Facilitate trade and expedite the transport of products across borders
• Monitor and manage security risks throughout your business and provide chain
• Gain a competitive advantage and win new business
• Encourage companies to secure their own processes within supply chains
• Reassure stakeholders of your organization’s commitment to the security of people and security of products and services
• Allows management to focus finite resources in areas of greatest concern
• Benchmark your organization’s security management practices with international best practice
• Achieve cost savings through a discount in security incidents and potential reduction in corporate insurance premiums
• Gain opportunities to enhance efficiency across working practices
ISO 28000:2007 specifies the wants for a security management system, including those aspects critical to security assurance of the availability chain. Security management is linked to several other aspects of business management. Aspects include all activities controlled or influenced by organizations that impact on supply chain security. These other aspects should be considered directly, where and once they have an impression on security management, including transporting these goods along the availability chain. ISO 28000:2007 is applicable to all or any sizes of organizations, from small to multinational, in manufacturing, service, storage or transportation at any stage of the assembly or supply chain that wishes to; establish, implement, maintain and improve a security management system, assure conformance with stated security management policy, demonstrate such conformance to others, seek certification/registration of its security management system by an Accredited third party Certification Body or make a self-determination and self-declaration of conformance with ISO 28000:2007. ISO 28000:2007 (Specification for security management systems for the availability chain) is an ISO standard published by world organization for Standardization which incorporates requirements of a security management system particularly handling security assurance within the supply chain.
Benefits of ISO 28000:2007 Certification
- Improved credibility and brand acknowledgment
- Greater compliance procedures
- Systematized management practices
- Integrated enterprise pliability
- Benchmarking against globally identifiable criteria
- Aligned terminology and conceptual usage
- Enhanced supply chain performance
It is better to consult a ISO consultant.
Consult VSK & Co, Advocates & Legal Consultants for ISO 28000:2007 Certification and Consulting firm offering Hassle free process.