Society Renewal – Renewal Of Society Registration In Karnataka
Society Renewal - Renewal Of Society Registration In Karnataka
There are many society members who struggle to renewal of their society and get rejected due to lack of guidance or misguidance of details. There are many points taken into note during renewal of society like change of members, adding of new members, transfer of powers and so on.
Every Society registered under Karnataka Societies Registration Act, 1960 is valid for 1 year. There after society is to be renewed.
A Society which fails to get its certificate of registration renewed in accordance with this section.
Key Points to Remember
*Within one year from the expiration of the period for which the certificate was operative, shall become an unregistered society.
*A notary affidavit is required to be submitted if renewal is applied after expiration of more than one year containing the fact that there is no litigation in the society.
Renewal Of Society Registration In Karnataka
Documents required for society renewal
- Application for renewal.
- A photo copy of the registration certificate along with the original registration certificate.
- A list of members of the Executive committee with their full name (in block letter), address and occupation.
- Relevant resolution of the General Body meeting for the purpose.
- Certificate of authentication by three members of the outgoing Executive Committee, whose signatures shall be attested by a gazetted officer.
- Attested photocopy of the latest annual balance sheet (along with the original, which will be returned after verification).
- Attested photocopy of the latest audit report (along with the original, which will be returned after verification) from a Chartered Accountant or a Government auditor.
- Attested photocopy of the utilization certificate (along with the original, which will be returned after verification) on the utilization of Government / Semi-Government / any institutional fund by the society (in case of a society, which had received any such fund during the period, prior to the date of the renewal application).
- Renewal fee. only per year from the date of expiry of the validity of the original registration certificate to be deposited through Treasury Challan.
- Specimen signature with full name and date of all new Executive members (including the new President / new Secretary) if any.
- A brief report (in original) from the Deputy Commissioner / Sub-Divisional Officer of the concerned district / sub-division of the activities of the society during the preceding three years from the date of the renewal application.
- Photocopies of all pages of the Bank Pass-Book of the society (along with the original, which will be returned after verification).
- Cash book (in original, which will be returned after verification) of the society, relating to the preceding three years, pending the date of the renewal application.
- Attested passport size photos of the President and Secretary (attested by a gazetted officer of the photo, below the face.
- Dag Number, Patta Number and Proof of ownership of the society on the land of its Office, in case of a society, making such claim.
- An affidavit from the house owner with the proof of his ownership, in case of a society’s office is housed in a rented building.
- An annual report since the date of registration.
*** Above information is for reference only, it is better to consult particular property lawyer to clear your doubts. Consult VSK & Co, the team has 12+ years of experience in handling society related proceedings.